Call Now: 0800 777 360
Mob/Txt: 021 877 504
How to get a deal from Carpet Cleaning Companies
There are hundreds if not thousands of carpet cleaning businesses that are just around the corner. One of the reasons why so many have sprouted up in the past few years is because of the rapid increase in carpet cleaning equipment, some better than others. With so many choices, it can be difficult to find the right cleaning service for you, especially when so many are offering such low prices. Carpet cleaning Mount Wellington has given six factors to watch out for when deciding which companies are good and which are trying to rip you off.
- Some prices are so good they are unbelievable and that is usually the case. Once they are in your house they will try to charge you for extras, like a better kind of soap or quick dry carpet cleaning.
- The bait-and-switch tactic is also very common. Most carpet requires pre-treatment for a thorough cleaning. However, some companies will ‘bait’ you with a basic wash at a very low price and then ‘switch’ to the much more expensive deep carpet cleaning when you ask.
- Be careful how they price their cleaning service. Some companies try to charge you by the room, even though rooms can be very different sizes. It might seem cheap, but the price adds up quickly. Always go with a company that charges by the total square footage of carpet.
- Don’t believe the hype. A lot of companies advertise their method of carpet cleaning as the best. This is almost never the case. Different kinds of carpet require different types of cleaning processes. Steam cleaning works better for some, while a brush-type cleaner is better for others. There are also your preferences to take into account. If you want a quick-dry method, many techniques won’t work for you.
- Be wary of misinformation. Many companies still operate under outdated beliefs, such as the belief that hot water will cause carpet damage. Do your research and ask your carpet cleaning technician for proof as to why exactly his carpet cleaning process is better than others.
- Watch out for carpet cleaning solutions. Some companies charge such cheap prices, because they use very strong chemical solutions that can be toxic. These cleaners will often cause your carpet to become dirty more quickly, because it is damaging or even eroding the fibers.
You must be careful when choosing a carpet company, especially the ones that seem dirt cheap. They can often be more expensive than they seem and might even take years off of your carpet’s life. Carpet cleaning Mount Wellington advises that you should ask family and friends for cleaning services that have worked for them or look at online reviews to find the carpet cleaner that is right for you.