Call Now: 0800 777 360
Mob/Txt: 021 877 504
How to clean shoe polisher stains on carpet and rugs
Wool carpets are a pleasant addition to the home. They are extremely comfortable, stylish and exquisite looking. However, wool carpets are susceptible to dirt and stains. Shoe polish stains are perhaps one of the stains that are bound to cause fright. Having a Grey Lynn carpet cleaning method for this kind of stain is therefore important.
Below is a step to step procedure on how to remove a shoe polish stain from your wool carpet:
Things you will need:
- Paper towels
- Clean white towels
- Non bleach detergent
- 1 liter of water
- Spray bottle
- Remove the shoe polish from the carpet by blotting using paper towels or a clean white cloth. Blot the carpet until you are satisfied that you have removed as much shoe polish as you possibly can.
- Pour one teaspoon of polish remover detergent onto half a liter of water. Mix the two in a spray bottle and use it on the stained area of the carpet.
- Leave the solution on the carpet for about 5 minutes. Using a different white towel, blot the area once again. When blotting, always ensure that you do not rub the solution as this will spread the stain and make your carpet cleaning efforts more difficult.
- Continue blotting the stained area on your wool carpet. This will need some effort and patience but with time the stain will be done away with.
- At this stage the stain should be gone.
Remove all traces of the soap water by rinsing the affected area of the carpet. Use a clean white cloth that has been dipped in soap free water. Rinse the area until you are certain that no traces of soap are left behind.
- If you are unsuccessful in removing the stain, call a carpet cleaning Grey Lynn professional.
Wool Carpet Cleaning Tips:
Always ensure that you do not let stains sit on your carpet for too long as this creates a tougher carpet cleaning experience.
Always begin the carpet cleaning process from the outside and work your way to the inside. This helps you work the area that is stained without spreading the stain further.
Resist the temptation to rub the carpet as this will damage the wool and discolor it.
Do not pour too much water onto the wool carpet, especially when rinsing. Drenching your carpet with water will make it rot.
Finally, call a carpet cleaning Grey Lynn professional if the affected area is too big.