Carpet cleaners are generally independent business people who run their franchise or business from their home. It used to be a part time gig but with the upside down economy this part time business became a mainstay for many people. Therefore it is difficult for a reputable carpet cleaning business to keep up some of the fly by night companies that is springing up due to the economy. The dangers of hiring one of these fly by night carpet cleaning companies is that they ruin the reputation of many of the professional and trustworthy vendors.
Some of the Dangers to a Residence:
In terms of the residential owner who hires the wrong carpet cleaning company the chances that the investment that they have made in their carpets may be lost. Since capering is one of the expensive parts of the home and usually if a home owner is calling a carpet cleaning their investment in carpeting is substantial and the lost would be great. Some of the problems that could occur are:
• The cleaner uses too much water on the carpet. The carpet then does not dry thoroughly and mold starts to grow from the excess water standing between the carpet and the subfloor. Once the mold begins it is almost impossible to get stop. Mold growing under your carpeting can cause health problems.
• The cleaner uses the improper dose of cleaner to water and either the rugs are discolored from too much bleach or not cleaned well enough.
• Cheap non environmental chemicals are used and the health dangers of breathing in the improper chemicals remain in the house. Unprofessional cleaning companies will skimp on the proper chemicals because the polluting ones are cheaper to purchase.
• Stains are not removed and another rug cleaning company has to be brought in.
• Furniture is ruined from the water damage because the cheap carpet cleaners do not move furniture out of the room.
Some of the Dangers to a Business:
A business that uses a carpet cleaner relies on the firm for good services. If a carpet is improperly cleaned or wrinkled in any way there is a possibility for a law suit or a poor image given to the customer. The customer expects to arrive at a business and see it cleaned perfectly. If it is not it reflects poorly on the business owner and not the carpet cleaning company. There are some substantial costs incurred when a business gets a poorly cleaned carpet:
• The health risks to the employees might result in time off which can add to payroll expense.
• Slip and falls add up to significant legal fees when the carpet is not left in the proper condition and people falls either due to the carpet being wet or wrinkled.
• Business relationships are strained when a carpet cleaning company performs poorly and the business owner has to severe the ties. This always gets ugly and stressful adding to the stress that a business owner faces each day.
Having a bad experience with a wrong carpet cleaning professional can cause home owners and business to shy away from any carpet cleaners even the legitimate carpet cleaning companies. They are forced to accept the low ball prices that the poor cleaners establish in an area. The low ball prices are usually a come on and a one shot deal. They do not expect the customer to come back nor do they expect to build customer relationships as a legitimate carpet cleaner will. Because the carpet cleaning business is economy driven the draw of fly by night companies has impacted negatively on the income of the right carpet cleaning companies.